Stony Plain Registries

It is your responsibility to renew your drivers licence before it expires.  To renew your licence you will need to come in person with your existing drivers licence,  a second piece of recordable traceable identification,  and a completed medical form if required for your class of licence, or due to a medical condition.

All Driver licence services need to be done in person with appropriate identification

Always be prepared to have your picture taken.

Changing your Address   - come in,  bring your licence and a second piece of ID

Lost or Stolen Drivers Licence/ID Card - you need to come in with two pieces of ID

Learners’ test and Knowledge test for Class 1,2,3,4,6 Licences  

Government of Alberta -Transportation Online Handbooks

Learner's under 18 require a birth certificate or passport and a parent with them in order to write/obtain a learners licence or ID card.

Learner's over 18 require  a birth certificate or passport and a second piece of ID, along with proof of Alberta Residency

Online Defensive Driving Course    to have 3 demerits remove from your driving record


Road Test Services    

Call for an appointment, please have your drivers licence number handy.

Tests are generally available Monday-Friday   Road Test Information

We do the following types of road tests at our office:

Stony Plain Registries
  • For those with a class 7 (learner’s licence). Class 5 Basic Test

  • For those with a class 5 GDL licence . Class 5 Advanced Test

  • For those wishing to ride a motorcycle . Class 6 Test

  • For those needing to drive a small bus/taxi/ambulance .Class 4 Test

  • For those needing to drive 3 axle trucks (gravel trucks)  Class 3 Test

  • For those needing to drive large buses (school or coach) Class 2 Test

If you need a class 1 licence,   for now you will have to contact another registry office.

NEW RULES FOR IMPAIRED DRIVING AS OF JULY 1, 2012   www.knowthelimits.ca

Drivers Abstract There are 3 ways to obtain your Drivers Abstract.

1. If you are attending our office in person

Print this form    Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information

2. If you are unable to attend in person you need to give consent to someone known to you The person whom you give consent too, must attend the Registry office with an original form. No fax or email copies!

Print this form     Drivers Abstract Consent 


3. If you cannot attend a Registry office in person, and you do not have someone in Alberta that you can provide an original consent(option 2) to, then the following form must be completed and Notarized, a copy of your ID must also be Notarized. You must mail us the Notarized  form and Notarized copy of your ID along with a Money Order for $50.00 and a PREPAID Express Post envelope. We will process the abstract and return it to you.    You can also use this form if you are out of province and require a confirmation letter regarding date first licenced or proof of registration on a vehicle.

Print this form   Notorized Request for Personl Driving and Motor Vehicle Information 

Online Defensive Driving Course    to have 3 demerits remove from your driving record



Privacy Policy