ALBERTA HEALTH CARE INSURANCE PLAN
All new and returning eligible Alberta residents must register for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) coverage to receive insured hospital and physician services.
Alberta Organ and Tissue Donation Registry
Albertans 18 years or older may register to be an organ and/or tissue donor at any time by visiting our office. If you are renewing your driver’s licence or ID card you will be ask if you would like to register to become a donor.
In order to register your consent, you will need to provide us with your Alberta Health Care card.
What you need to know:
- The first priority of health care professionals is to save lives. Your choice to be a donor does not affect the quality of life-saving medical care you receive.
- Everyone has the potential to be an organ and/or tissue donor, however, you must be at least 18 to register your consent to donate.
- There will never be a cost to your family estate if you choose to donate your organs or tissues.
- Organ and tissue recovery will only happen after every effort has been made to save your life.
- More than 45,000 Canadians, including more than 500 Albertans are on the wait list for an organ transplant.
- It is important to share your organ donation wishes with your loved ones as they are given the final decision.
Discuss your wishes with your family and friends.
For information visit UltimateGiftAlberta.ca